Monday, August 06, 2007

Stone is ruining my life

On a recent trip through Colorado, my friend Valerie calls me. "Hey, we're on our way out of Colorado. Should I pick you up some beer?"

Um, hell yeah!

So I just finished my second Stone Ruination IPA, one of the great--if not the best--West Coast IPAs. Despite over 100 IBUs and approaching 8% abv with the alcohol and hops slamming into you at first, it totally balances out into...orange-ish caramel? Centennial hops maybe? Whatever. It was good. Even though it supposedly ruins your palate (get it? Ruination IPA?), I thought it was an extremely smooth and drinkable double IPA, at the same time pushing the edge of smooth and drinkable. Very nice.

1 comment:

Mag said...

Eric, it was great to meet you as well at the Surly Open. I've had the...pleasure?...of having a Ruination when I was in Phoenix. Aptly named. I was okay for a couple of sips, but couldn't deal with it much after that. I guess I must be a beer light weight. Mag