Monday, October 01, 2007

What is Radiohead worth?

Yes, I was at the Autumn Beer Review, yes it was awesome. But what is even more awesome is the marketing of Radiohead's new album. What do you think it's worth? I'd pay $10, maybe $15, ok $20 dollars for it. No? One dollar? Ok, you can have it.

You decide what it's worth, and that's the price you pay.

Or, you can buy the box set for about $80, which will include two vinyl albums, a CD version of the new album and a second CD with additional new songs, artwork and photographs of the band. I wish I had a record player.

Do I event need to say how brillant this is? Radiohead is pushing the industry to accept the change that is confronting them. Of course, they have the fan base willing to support them, and a HUGE tour and merch revenue stream, but for big bands who want to make it, this may be a way to go. Do ya think [insert Top 40 R&B band here] could mak it?

Contemplate, and I'll be back with my tasting list from of ABR.

No comments: